ik mis mij ouders en mij mentor wil praten, maar deze is moelijk.....

• Anonymous
  • 0 reacties

Hallo allemaal,

Ik schrijf mij verhaal in Engels, omdat ik kan niet goed Nederlands schrijven :grin: Ik kan deze lezen en begrijp deze, maar schrijven is moelijk :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: 

Around two years ago, me, my older brother, younger brother and younger sister left our parents in Syria. Because of something that happened in the war, my mother is not able to come with us. She is not able to walk long distances anymore and that’s difficult when you have to flee….  :wink:   That’s why my father stayed with her and we were leaving Syria. That moment was  for sure one of the most difficult days of my life………:cry:

During the corona time, it was a bit difficult at home.. I miss my parents and so do my brothers and sister. Normally it’s difficult already, but now I had to do my own homework and help the young ones too.. The younger 2 were sad a lot, they miss their parents and I had to be strong and help them with it… So, there was not really time for myself to be on my own and feel what I feel….

Today I got back in school. My mentor asked all of us: how do you feel, how was the corona time, how was the working going…? I didn’t really want to answer, I don’t want to talk about it with my classmates, so I said that it was ok and that I was fine. 

Then after the lesson, when leaving the classroom, my mentor said: … can you stay in the class please? 

When everyone was out of the class, he told me that he saw sometimes on the videocall that I had a difficult day/time. I said him that I am ok. Then he asked me if that’s really how I was feeling… Then I started to feel sad, and told him that I didn’t want to talk about it, because it’s difficult.

But he said it’s important to talk. I understand that, but… it makes me sad if I talk about how I feel and I don’t want people to think I am weak. And I also don’t want people to worry about me. So, if I know that something will make me sad, I don’t talk about it a lot and I say that I am fine. Just hide the real feeling.. I don’t want to get sad with someone around…… But now, I think that I am pretty sure that my mentor tries to talk about me again on Wednesday..

How do you do these things? What do you say to your mentor if he or she want to talk with you about something that will make you sad? Do you care about people see you being sad?

I hope to read some advices and also maybe some people who know situations like this… 

Nog een keer sorry dat ik schrijf niet deze alles in Nederlands… :wink:

13 reacties

hey, @boyfromsyria annoying for you. I understand that was one of the most difficult situations for you.  of course you miss your parents and your brothers and sister, annoying that you have to take this responsibility to take care of the little ones. for the 2 little ones I understand that they are sad and also miss their parents. of course you want to be strong for them and help them, even if this is sometimes very difficult. you also have to think about yourself because if you take on too much and can't do more then they have a bigger problem. annoying that you haven't had time for yourself to process it. you have to do eventually. I understand that you did not want to answer that question there, but you must say it to your mentor because he can help you further. I understand you don't want to talk to classmates about it. It is not convenient that you said that you were doing well, but I understand that you did not want to tell this.  good that your mentor saw that in you, and that he said that when the class was gone. I understand you were feeling sad, I understand you didn't want to tell this, but it's not good.  your mentor is right, talking is important. you are not weak, people really understand that this is not easy. of course you don't want them to worry about you, but it is important. it's just not good that you don't tell me. I often hide my feelings myself, if I have that, so I understand that, but it is not always good. I understand that you want to be sad when someone is around, I have that myself, but often I am not crying, but then I am sad. it is good that your mentor is going to ask you that it shows that he cares about you.  how you do this is actually different for everyone, but you can first start with how you feel so really what you feel is not going to say well if it is not. then of course he will ask for some things and offer help. if he does, take the chance, because no one can last that long. of course you can tell before the conversation that you prefer not to talk about it because it makes you sad and that it makes you sad.  it tells me who it is, but in general I always hide my emotions and my feelings. does not really matter what it is, I have some kind of mask for that, but I must say that I am often kind of stone, that is, I do not show and have emotions quickly. but I can express them if I have to.  I have already given the advice, but the most important thing is that you should talk to your mentor and also take his help, and tell how you feel.

sorry for my english, i can't type english very well.

hopefully this helps.

greetings user C

groetjes gebruiker c 

Bedankt voor jou lang antwoord! Ik kan jou Engels goed begrijpen! Ik kan ook Nederlands lezen, maar schrijf de hele verhaal is moelijk, als wil ik iemand is begrijpen de verhaal :wink:

I understand your advice… deep inside my head, I also know that I have to talk about it.. but the subject is so difficult to talk about.. No one really knows how I feel about missing my parents and some bad memories… . Only my older brother knows it, and the parents of my best friend know it a little bit… But you are right… It’s better to start talking more and do something with the help people offer.. I know it, but something holds me back… 

I just wished that all of these things didn’t happen… And that they were here with us…  

I get it, it's annoying to you. nice that my english is understandable. it is good if someone knows about it, but your mentor can really help you.

I understand that Dutch is a difficult language, I am Dutch and I understand it myself and those rules are not all that, but it is understandable when I type. I think it is great that you want to learn the Dutch language, and I also try to understand that, which I think is nice to hear. I hope you can understand and talk fluently, I believe in that. you have the power to do that. I understand that a long story is difficult to tell and type in Dutch if you find it difficult. that is not a problem. it is good that you indicated this at the beginning of your message.

good job :thumbsup_tone1:

Hey,

Ik zal mijn reactie in het Nederlands typen, zodat andere mensen op het forum het ook kunnen lezen. Jij geeft namelijk aan dat je Nederlands wel goed begrijpt. Mocht er toch iets tussen zitten wat je niet snapt, laat dat gewoon weten, dan kan ik of iemand anders die het eerder leest het voor je vertalen.

Allereerst, ik heb enorm veel respect voor jou, je broers en je zus dat jullie je zo door deze situatie heen weten te slaan. Het lijkt me enorm lastig om door te maken wat jullie door hebben gemaakt. Ik kan dan ook niet begrijpen wat jij precies voelt, omdat ik geen soortgelijke situatie heb doorgemaakt. Wel heb ik ervaring met verdriet en andere nare gevoelens en een mentor die hier naar vraagt.

Je bent niet zwak als je praat over je gevoel. Het tegenovergestelde is waar: het is juist heel sterk als je je durft open te stellen! Natuurlijk maakt het je verdrietig om te praten over deze gevoelens, maar de gevoelens wegstoppen gaat er niet voor zorgen dat ze minder worden. Juist door ze toe te laten, je gevoelens te voelen  erover te praten, zorg je dat ze afnemen. 

Je wil niet dat mensen zich zorgen om je maken, maar ik denk dat ze dat al doen. Je mentor heeft niet voor niets gevraagd hoe het gaat. Hij weet dat het niet lekker gaat. Als je met hem praat, dan weet hij wat er is en kan hij je helpen. Ik denk dat je hem daar ook mee helpt! 

Zelf ben ik depressief en op school kun je dat ook wel eens aan mij zien. Ik maak er geen geheim van dat het niet goed met mij gaat. Ik zie daar het nut niet van in. Iedereen heeft wel iets in zijn/haar leven wat niet 100% lekker loopt. Mensen zijn terughoudend in het delen van deze dingen, maar het praten helpt juist om de problemen op te lossen. Als mijn mentor vraagt hoe het gaat, antwoord ik daarom met de waarheid; ik zeg haar dat het slecht gaat. Ik hoef me hier niet schuldig om te voelen. Mijn mentor weet dat het niet goed gaat en als ze je dan vraagt om hierover te praten, dan mag je dat aanbod aannemen. Als je dan verdrietig wordt of eventueel moet huilen, is dat niet erg. Je mentor is ook een mens en hij huilt zelf ook wel eens. Je bent en blijft een mens en je emoties zullen er op een of andere manier uitkomen. Daar hoef je je niet voor te schamen! 

Als je mentor daarom woensdag vraagt hoe het gaat, probeer dan te antwoorden met de waarheid. Grijp het moment om zelf even te verwerken wat er is gebeurd en om te voelen wat je allemaal voelt! Ik denk dat dat heel goed voor je is!

Gr. Pin

Trouwens, hier bij de Kindertelefoon is er ook een plek voor jongeren zoals jij, die zijn gevlucht. Dat onderdeel heet Tell me! Hier is de link naar een bericht op het forum daarover. Ik weet niet zo goed wat er met de pagina op de algemene site is gebeurd, maar ik kon wel wat filmpjes vinden. Als je "tell me kindertelefoon" googelt, komen ze naar boven. Misschien heb je daar nog wat aan.

Daarnaast kun je ook altijd met de Kindertelefoon bellen of chatten als je een keer met iemand wil praten over alles wat er is gebeurd.

Hey,

Ik zal mijn reactie in het Nederlands typen, zodat andere mensen op het forum het ook kunnen lezen. Jij geeft namelijk aan dat je Nederlands wel goed begrijpt. Mocht er toch iets tussen zitten wat je niet snapt, laat dat gewoon weten, dan kan ik of iemand anders die het eerder leest het voor je vertalen.

Allereerst, ik heb enorm veel respect voor jou, je broers en je zus dat jullie je zo door deze situatie heen weten te slaan. Het lijkt me enorm lastig om door te maken wat jullie door hebben gemaakt. Ik kan dan ook niet begrijpen wat jij precies voelt, omdat ik geen soortgelijke situatie heb doorgemaakt. Wel heb ik ervaring met verdriet en andere nare gevoelens en een mentor die hier naar vraagt.

Je bent niet zwak als je praat over je gevoel. Het tegenovergestelde is waar: het is juist heel sterk als je je durft open te stellen! Natuurlijk maakt het je verdrietig om te praten over deze gevoelens, maar de gevoelens wegstoppen gaat er niet voor zorgen dat ze minder worden. Juist door ze toe te laten, je gevoelens te voelen  erover te praten, zorg je dat ze afnemen. 

Je wil niet dat mensen zich zorgen om je maken, maar ik denk dat ze dat al doen. Je mentor heeft niet voor niets gevraagd hoe het gaat. Hij weet dat het niet lekker gaat. Als je met hem praat, dan weet hij wat er is en kan hij je helpen. Ik denk dat je hem daar ook mee helpt! 

Zelf ben ik depressief en op school kun je dat ook wel eens aan mij zien. Ik maak er geen geheim van dat het niet goed met mij gaat. Ik zie daar het nut niet van in. Iedereen heeft wel iets in zijn/haar leven wat niet 100% lekker loopt. Mensen zijn terughoudend in het delen van deze dingen, maar het praten helpt juist om de problemen op te lossen. Als mijn mentor vraagt hoe het gaat, antwoord ik daarom met de waarheid; ik zeg haar dat het slecht gaat. Ik hoef me hier niet schuldig om te voelen. Mijn mentor weet dat het niet goed gaat en als ze je dan vraagt om hierover te praten, dan mag je dat aanbod aannemen. Als je dan verdrietig wordt of eventueel moet huilen, is dat niet erg. Je mentor is ook een mens en hij huilt zelf ook wel eens. Je bent en blijft een mens en je emoties zullen er op een of andere manier uitkomen. Daar hoef je je niet voor te schamen! 

Als je mentor daarom woensdag vraagt hoe het gaat, probeer dan te antwoorden met de waarheid. Grijp het moment om zelf even te verwerken wat er is gebeurd en om te voelen wat je allemaal voelt! Ik denk dat dat heel goed voor je is!

Gr. Pin

here's the translation
from Pin's comment

Hey,

I will type my response in Dutch so that other people on the forum can read it too. You indicate that you understand Dutch well. If there is something you do not understand, just let me know, then I or someone else who reads it earlier can translate it for you.

First of all, I have tremendous respect for you, your brothers and your sister for getting through this situation. I think it is very difficult to go through what you have gone through. Therefore I cannot understand what you feel exactly, because I have not experienced a similar situation. I do have experience with sadness and other unpleasant feelings and a mentor who asks about this.

You are not weak when you talk about your feelings. The opposite is true: it is very strong if you dare to open up! Of course it makes you sad to talk about these feelings, but tucking them away isn't going to make them diminish. Precisely by allowing them, feeling your feelings talking about them, you make them decrease.

You don't want people to worry about you, but I think they already do. It is not without reason that your mentor asked how you are doing. He knows it is not going well. When you talk to him, he knows what is there and can help you. I think you help him with that too!

I myself am depressed and at school you can sometimes see that in me. I make no secret that I'm not doing well. I don't see the point of that. Everyone has something in their life that does not run 100% well. People are reluctant to share these things, but talking helps solve the problems. So when my mentor asks how it goes, I answer with the truth; I tell her it is going bad. I don't have to feel guilty about this. My mentor knows that it is not going well and if she then asks you to talk about this, you can accept that offer. If you get sad or you may cry, that's okay. Your mentor is also a person and he sometimes cries himself. You are and remain a human being and your emotions will somehow come out. You shouldn't be ashamed of that!

If your mentor asks you how it goes on Wednesday, try to answer with the truth. Take the time to process what happened and to feel what you feel! I think that's very good for you!

Gr. Pin

Then he asked me if that’s really how I was feeling… Then I started to feel sad, and told him that I didn’t want to talk about it, because it’s difficult.

Still, if you told him you were not ok, but talking is difficult… that was the right thing you said at the right time.  Well done.

But he said it’s important to talk. I understand that, but… it makes me sad if I talk about how I feel and I don’t want people to think I am weak.

They do not think that.  Your mentor and all other adults understand there are problems that are bigger than a single boy (or man) can handle. They know this from experience, from the news… they know. 
It does not mean you are weak. They don’t think that. Some people get more problems than any normal person should handle and you are probably one of them.
People who do not have such big problems are amazed by how you manage. They admire your strength, even if it is the strength of having no alternative.
They do not think of you as weak. Not at all.

And I also don’t want people to worry about me.

Maybe they should.   For some people the biggest worry is which Netflix episode they should watch tonight. They have some space left to worry for someone who has more than most. 

Allereerst, ik heb enorm veel respect voor jou, je broers en je zus dat jullie je zo door deze situatie heen weten te slaan. Het lijkt me enorm lastig om door te maken wat jullie door hebben gemaakt. Ik kan dan ook niet begrijpen wat jij precies voelt, omdat ik geen soortgelijke situatie heb doorgemaakt. 

Dankjewel! 

Als mijn mentor vraagt hoe het gaat, antwoord ik daarom met de waarheid; ik zeg haar dat het slecht gaat. Ik hoef me hier niet schuldig om te voelen. Mijn mentor weet dat het niet goed gaat en als ze je dan vraagt om hierover te praten, dan mag je dat aanbod aannemen. Als je dan verdrietig wordt of eventueel moet huilen, is dat niet erg. Je mentor is ook een mens en hij huilt zelf ook wel eens. Je bent en blijft een mens en je emoties zullen er op een of andere manier uitkomen. Daar hoef je je niet voor te schamen! 

So veel respect dat kan jij praten met jou mentor om hoe voel jij! Ik vind moelijk om te praten honest om hoe ik voel mij, omdat wil ik niet huilen met mij mentor of mij classmates bij mij. Ik heb de gevoel ik moet deze dingen zelf doen.. Maar, you are right… mischien de praten kan helpen ook.. en de emoties kom nu uit in de wrong way…. dat is ook niet goed :thinking:

Gr. Pin

Ik ga proberen deze te doen morgen…. maar ik weet niet of ik kan :slight_frown:

@Gebruiker c Dankjewel voor de translation van de post van @Pin :grinning:

@boyfromsyria .graag gedaan.

👍

Ik ga proberen deze te doen morgen…. maar ik weet niet of ik kan :slight_frown:

Succes 

They do not think that.  Your mentor and all other adults understand there are problems that are bigger than a single boy (or man) can handle. They know this from experience, from the news… they know. 
It does not mean you are weak. They don’t think that. Some people get more problems than any normal person should handle and you are probably one of them.
People who do not have such big problems are amazed by how you manage. They admire your strength, even if it is the strength of having no alternative.
They do not think of you as weak. Not at all.

These words are so kind! Thank you for this! Hopefully one day I don’t feel weak anymore and hopefully I feel soon that people understand what I feel… 

Maybe they should.   For some people the biggest worry is which Netflix episode they should watch tonight. They have some space left to worry for someone who has more than most. 

Haha, this one is funny! Maar ik kan niet zeggen something om de worries van andere mensen:wink: . Ik denk dat alle mensen hebben worries of problemen. Ik kan niet zeggen of mij worries/problemen zijn meer of meer groot dan van andere mensen….. For me, iets kan look klein, maar voor andere deze kan zijn groot.. I think that everyone is fighting a battle where other people know nothing about :wink:  

Reageer