Vraag

Helping a friend/Controlling parents

• 26 July 2022
  • 5 reacties
  • 118 Bekeken

Badge

Sorry I don't speak dutch as I am a migrant, but I am a bit confused with what I should do. My friend, has a dad who is overly controlling/emotionally abusive to her, and beats her mum, and is threatening to beat her as well and send her back to pakistan. Unfortunately, we don't have proof of the abuse on camera as he took her phone, can they send her back to pakistan if she feel unsafe? What can we/I do?

5 reacties

Reputatie 1
Badge

Hello! I’m so sorry for that!

You should contact the local police, they will come to their house to check and have a talk! It’s the safest & best thing to do! 

goodluck

Badge

Yeah but we have no proof, and the mum will lie to protect her dad, if the police show up and then leave and do nothing because they are all pretending then they will be suspicious 

Reputatie 1
Badge

Im pretty sure if they can speak to the daughter alone, they will believe her. The protection of the kids in this country is really on number 1 so :) 

Heya.

That is unacceptable and reprehensible of them.They could maybe tell it to a person (an adult) they trust, for that, there is no proof required in order to tell it to someone they trust.  If they're hurting your mom, they could also just see the injuries, which is also a form of proof.  They can help with reporting it to the police. 

It's already good of them that they've told it to you. I would certainly tell her that it's great of them that they've had the braveness to inform you of this situation. And tell them that you'll always support them, no matter what. To make them feel being seen, you know. That's really important for people who are dealing with difficult situations.

As @Eenminimalgyall said, child protection is really important in the Netherlands. There are a lot of organisations in our country who are fighting for child protection, and they might wanna aswell contact them. Their phone numbers are usually listed on their websites. And they can always chat or call with this website. So maybe they can make use of this too.

Reputatie 3
Badge +3

Sorry I don't speak dutch as I am a migrant, but I am a bit confused with what I should do. My friend, has a dad who is overly controlling/emotionally abusive to her, and beats her mum, and is threatening to beat her as well and send her back to pakistan. Unfortunately, we don't have proof of the abuse on camera as he took her phone, can they send her back to pakistan if she feel unsafe? What can we/I do?

I think passing this on to the police is the best

Reageer